Saturday, August 14, 2010

Veggie Burger



From How to Cook Everything Vegetarian (pg. 660)The Simplest Bean BurgersThe recipe calls for any beans and I used garbanzo beans (canned because I'm lazy) which are one of my favorites. However I think I was overzealous in the use of my new mini food-processor and thinned the mixture out too much so it was difficult to form the patty. But I managed to somehow get a blobby mess into the frying pan and once it started cooking it was OK. The flavor was pretty good and I think this would be an easy dish in which one could vary the seasoning and play around. Once I finished cooking the patty, I added some onions and arugula and a bit of aioli mustard that I found at Trader Joe's which is really good. The side is my favorite crispy kale which are the best "healthy" chips around. Topped off with a dirty martini because one doesn't want to be too healthy!

1 comment:

  1. oh, veggie burgers, I never thought of those. That's a good veggie meal. Looks yummy!

    What kind of mini food processor did you get? I have one that I love, I'll look at the brand next time I'm upstairs.

    ReplyDelete