Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies

Because everything is better with bacon!

I got the inspiration and recipe for these at the iluvpork blog. (What a great idea for a blog!)

I made only half the recipe and still came out with about 30 two to three inch cookies.  The only change I made was that I used a mix of Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips and NestlĂ© butterscotch chips. The Ghirardelli chips were excellent but I wasn't crazy about the butterscotch chips and would definitely forego those next time. Overall though, these came out tasty however this recipe makes hard cookies and I generally prefer soft gooey cookies. Also, there isn't nearly enough bacon. It seems like you hardly get a taste of the bacon. I used two-thirds of a 12 oz. package of bacon and will definitely use the entire package next time.  When you do actually get a bite of bacon in the cookie, the salty-sweet combo is wonderful. I plan on adding bacon to some other cookie recipes now. I think peanut butter cookies with bacon will be the next item to get porkified.

1 comment:

  1. mmm. the bacon sounds good, the butterscotch does not. I used to love those butterscotch chips when I was a kid but then I overdosed on them one holiday season and now I can't even look at them.

    I wonder how they would taste if you used the bacon fat instead of butter. It's probably the same amount of artery clog but saltier...

    ReplyDelete